We all know that our food choices while pregnancy affects how the baby develops physically. But, did you know that it even makes your child smarter? All the choices you make while you are pregnant from workout to eat green leafy vegetables, all help in developing your child’s brain and make him smarter.
As an expectant mother, you need to ensure about your diet. It has all the nutrients and energy that needed for your baby to develop properly.
Here are some pregnancy tips to have a smart and intelligent baby:-
1) Eat Healthy :- Omega 3 fatty acids are absolutely essential for baby’s brain development. You may include foods that have a good content of omega 3 such as fish in your diet. Iron found in leafy vegetables helps the flow of oxygen to the baby’s brain cells. Also, include nuts such as almonds and walnuts in your diet during the period of your pregnancy. Walnuts are essential for the development of brain of adults and babies alike.
2) Stay Fit And Active :- Staying fit and active is all the more important during pregnancy. Fight the urge to laze around and get off the couch if you want to make your baby smarter. While exercising your body secretes hormones that are good for the baby’s brain development. If you aren’t exercising before getting pregnant, stick to light weight exercises and brisk walks. It has been proven that mothers who are active during pregnancy have much smarter baby than the normal ones.
3) Avoid: There are certain things that you need to avoid if you want a healthy and smart baby. One such thing is smoking, as leads to premature delivery. Smoking also considerably harms the baby’s brain cells. Consuming alcohol while you are pregnant can also have similar effects on the baby. You also need to steer clear of certain foods that have high mercury content such as shark fish, sword fish, mackerel etc.
4) Keep Your Weight in Check: There is a reason that a baby stays in the womb for whole 9 months. A fetus needs nourishment to grow and develop and achieves full maturity at the completion of 9 months. Premature delivery is often the cause of mental defects in the baby. One way to avoid premature delivery is to keep your body weight in check. The excessive weight of the mother often results in premature delivery. Hence, make sure you don’t overeat and gain extra pounds.
5) Stay Calm and Stress Free: Just like the unborn baby can hear sounds and feel the sensation of touch, it can even sense when the mother is tense or under stress. So you should stay stress free during your period of pregnancy.
Apart from this, if you have a desire to see your unborn infant, then you can go with a private ultrasound scan. This provides you a unique opportunity to see your unborn baby’s movement & heartbeat inside the womb.