During pregnancy, it’s not uncommon to contend with sleep disturbances. These are typically because of anxiety and stress, hormonal fluctuations, and physical discomfort. As your pregnancy advances, you may think that its more hard to find a comfortable position, or you may have to get up a few times during the night to empty your increasingly cramped bladder.
Here are the tips to get better and more comfortable night’s sleep:-
1. Drink up :- Drink plenty of fluids during the day, but cut down before bedtime to minimize frequent nighttime urination.
2. Keep moving:- Exercise regularly for optimum health, and to improve circulation (thus reducing nighttime leg cramps). Avoid exercising late in the day as it results in releasing adrenaline that can keep you awake at night.
3. Reduce stress and anxiety. Stress and anxiety are key culprits in preventing a good night’s sleep. Remember that worrying won’t help you, but talking about your problems will. Find a friend or a professional who can listen and help you if there are issues in your life that are causing you to worry or feel upset.
4. Get into a routine. If you establish a consistent, soothing, and comforting evening routine, you’ll be able to relax and drift off to sleep with more ease. As bedtime approaches, try these few soothing drinks like drinking a cup of caffeine-free tea or hot milk, reading a chapter of a pleasant book, taking a warm shower, getting a shoulder massage, or having your hair gently brushed.
5. Watch your diet. Completely eliminate caffeine and alcohol to prevent insomnia. Keeping your stomach slightly full helps keep nausea at bay. Eat a well-balanced diet. Not only is this crucial for your health and that of your baby, but getting the necessary nutrients will help keep you feeling satisfied which will help you sleep more soundly.
6. Support your body. Use a special pregnancy body pillow or a regular pillow that support your body. For comfort, try sleeping on your side with one pillow under your knee and another under your belly.
Apart from this, if you want any information related to your pregnancy & see your baby growth, movement & heartbeats then visit any nearby pregnancy clinic. If you are looking for scan center in Yorkshire or its nearby area, then Miracle Inside is the best ultrasound baby scanning clinic in Leeds.