Is it your goal to stay in shape during your period of pregnancy? With the right exercise and nutrition advice you can stay fit and healthy, here are the tips on how to stay in shape during pregnancy. Exercising regularly during your pregnancy, however,can keep you feel fit, alleviate pregnancy aches and pains, and helps your body return to its pre pregnancy fitness and weight after giving birth. Most exercises are safe to perform during pregnancy, as long as you exercise with caution and do not overdo it. The safest and most productive activities are swimming, brisk walking, indoor stationary cycling, step or elliptical machines, and low-impact aerobics.
Here are my tips to stay in shape During Pregnancy:-
1) Avoid Sugar And Junk Carbs:- Sugar and junk carbs will increase additional pregnancy weight and fluid gains. Processed carbohydrates like white bread, breakfast oats, pasta and baked products in packets will be broken down into sugar in your system also, with the same reaction from your body as raw sugar. Try to limit yourself to 2 servings of fruit daily. I know this can be hard especially during the first trimester when you might crave for vitamin C foods, a craving for a couple of weeks is fine, you just don’t want to be drinking fruit juice and eating oranges all day every day for the next 9 months!
2) Eat Fat & Protein:- Women often fear fat and therefore don’t eat enough thinking that if we don’t eat fat then we won’t get fat. We therefore end up choosing so called ‘low fat healthy options’ instead of choosing full fat whole products. Eating healthy mono and saturated fats like olive and avocado oil, coconut oil and quality butter will provide you with the means for the fat soluble vitamins A, D, E & K to be absorbed into your system. Crucial for not only your wellbeing but your baby’s development also.
3) Water:- Drinking enough water ensures you keep hydrated which in turn reduces tiredness and pregnancy nausea. This in itself can stop you from over eating as you may often think you are hungry when you are really just thirsty. Drink 2+ litres every day during your pregnancy and more if you are working out.
4) Recovery And Sleep :- Ensure you have enough rest, no athlete would train continuous for 9 months and you shouldn’t either. Our body adapts and improves while we are recovering and sleeping, this is even more important through pregnancy.
5) Listen to your body:- Lastly, listening to your body is the key to staying in shape. Every women is different and what works for one may not work for another. You will have weeks were you have heaps of energy and others when you have none. Do not push yourself if you are tired, it is not good for you or your baby!
Apart from this, if you want any information related to your pregnancy & see your baby growth, movement & heartbeats then visit any nearby pregnancy clinic. If you are looking for scan centre in Yorkshire or its nearby area, then Miracle Inside is the best ultrasound baby scanning clinic in Leeds.